Overview of Java
Java is one of the world's most important and widely used
computer languages.It is intended to let application developer
"write once, run everywhere" meaning that code that runs on one
platform does not need to be recompiled to run on another platform.
Java is mostly used programming language for developing
Creation of Java
Java was developed by James Ghosling, Patrick Naughton, Mike
Sheridan at Sun Microsystems Inc. in 1991.
The initial name was Oak but was renamed to Java in
Java Programming Language
As a programming lanugage, Java can create all kinds of
- Developing Desktop Application
- Web Applications like Linkedin
- Mobile OS like Android
- Embedded System
- Robotics and games etc.
Java Development Environment
Java Development Environment provides a sets of tools.
- javac - Java Compiler
- java - Java Interpreter
- javadoc- A document generator
- *.jar - A set of libraries.
Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
Java application runs over Java Runtime Environment(JRE),which is
also known as Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
- JVM built inside a browser.
- JVM on different operation system ( Window, Linux, Mac etc)
- JVM on diverse platform provides the common runtime environment
for Java programs. "Write Once Run EveryWhere